Summer Futsal has been revised to Plan B:
- A preseason futsal tournament for adults on May 30/31 instead of May 16/17
- Adult summer season games starting in the THIRD week of June instead of the 1st week
- Youth summer futsal academy/pickup games starting in the THIRD week of June instead of the 2nd week
This is Plan B, to delay the tournament and the starts of youth and adult games 1 and 2 weeks, respectfully. Because of the continual reporting of cases of coronavirus in Madison and Limestone counties and Alabama’s new Safer-at-Home Order, North Alabama FUTSAL is changing to Plan B.
There is also a Plan C which exists to skip the tournament entirely and start youth and adult games 3 and 4 weeks later, respectfully.
All plans include the season to complete in the last week of July or possibly the first week of August.
- Youth will play at the Optimist Recreation Center
- Adults will begin playing at Oakwood University and will move to the new Johnson Legacy Center when it opens
- Tournament will be played at Liberty Middle School
Registration will be done almost entirely online. Some in-person Registration/Q&A Events may be held, if requested; several are on the calendar. Email email@example.com to choose a date & time and pick a location to meet: Optimist Rec. Center Pavilion, Merrimack Soccer Central, Merrimack Pavilion by field 14 (on Ivy Avenue), Dublin Pavilion by Kids Kingdom (Madison) or McGucken Park Pavilion between playground and small soccer field.
REGISTRATION BEGAN APRIL 20 AND WILL END JUNE 7. TALK TO YOUR FRIENDS TODAY AND MAKE PLANS TO PLAY FUTSAL after this spring’s hiatus in soccer and futsal.
Regardless how this summer turns out, fall and winter seasons are being planned. The North Alabama FUTSAL League plans to continue hosting four seasons per year.
Stay informed by following any/all of the following:
Plus Mailing List at http://eepurl.com/bmhTz9 (Mailchimp)